Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday

Sorry, haven't been posting lately. We've all had coughs, sore throats, ear infections, and sinusitis. It goes from one of us to the other and back again but, I believe we are all starting to feel better.

Happy Birthday "shout outs" to Hayley and Ben. Their birthdays were yesterday and although I didn't speak to them, I thought of them. I simply can't believe how fast time is going by. Another year almost gone.

Sunday, Heidi and I went up and visited Michael. He was doing pretty good. We stayed almost the usual amount of time- 40 minutes-after a two hour drive up and a two hour return trip home. Heidi and I enjoyed ourselves and talked about our road trip several years ago, played games and just enjoyed being with each other. Judy was still coughing so she stayed home and went to church. Melissa, the boys mother, has been going to church with us. I know the boys like this. I hope she continues to go with us.

Yesterday, Debra and Joe stopped in for a visit. They were only here for a couple of hours but it was so nice visiting with them. I did worry about them being around all our germs but they didn't seem to be worried.

Every year I do Dr. Mebust's Christmas cards. I'm starting them early this year because I want to be done when Aunt Connie gets here. She called and said Adam is trying to clear it with his commanding officer for departure around the 2nd of November. We are all so excited and can hardly wait to get our arms around our dear aunt.

Roxanne is still planning on moving to Idaho. She's going up around Boise where her sister, my other precious cousins, Rhonda and Darwin, live. I am going to miss her like crazy but I think she will be happy in Idaho...at least I hope that she will be. She will be closer to more of her immediate family.

Judy and I have been working on jewelry for gift giving. Judy is really good at it. I get shaky sometimes but then Judy takes over for me. We hope to do some "Stampin" too. I really love making cards.

I still haven't heard anything about my knee surgeries. I do know the surgeon had a heart attack and is back at work but he had to catch up (which he is close to doing) so it shouldn't be much longer. Hopefully, we'll get our flu shots soon. They suggest waiting until all our other symptoms are gone. Hopefully, that will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment