Friday, May 29, 2009

I FOUND MY OLD BEST FRIEND, GENEVA!

May 28, 2009

Today, I called an old friend - an old best friend, Geneva. I am so happy that I did. We were best friends for so long and have lost touch for years. She was as happy to hear from me as I was to talk and hear from her. We still have a lot to catch up on. She recently lost her mother and her husband and I only wish I could have been there for her. She was there for me so many times. I'm looking forward to a renewed relationship more than anyone knows. I have a lot to tell her.

Dawn took Jamie out for his birthday dinner so Judy and the boys and I had grilled KFC chicken. Am I really so blind that I could hardly see the chicken pieces!!!! On television they look so big and scrumptous and ours were--well, just pitiful. They show on tv a bucket of 10 pieces-- large pieces-- of chicken; but when you get home, they are in a biscuit box and there is plenty of room left over for the biscuits in the same box! It was very disappointing. Using baby chickens, I guess. Never again.

Can't go by a day without talking to my dear Auntie Connie. We have a lot of fun on the phone, two-three times a day. I wish she would come out and live with us. We all do. I know she is looking forward to going to Michelle's house and I know they will have a wonderful time. Still I keep hoping that she will one day come and stay with me. She is my precious Mother's precious little sister. I love her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment