Sunday, July 19, 2009

Welcome Home from Camp, Michael!


Saturday morning we got up to go to Earl Hardy's funeral. He was a lovely man and I thought the world of him. I met him when I started working at Kmart in Spring Valley over 25 years ago. He would come in every week with his film to have it developed and then he and I, and Pauline if she was with him, would look at his photos, talk about Idaho, and all the travels he and Pauline were doing at the time. He was a kind and gentle man with a great sense of humor. He conducted our dad's funeral and dedication of his grave. I will always remember him and Pauline with love and respect.

When we got home, Michael was home from boy scout camp. He was worn out (in a good way) and was excited to tell us everything. He brought Judy and I each an arrowhead. How neat! While at ccamp , Michael earned his Rifle, Survival Wilderness, and Communications Merit Badges. We are all so very proud of him.

We hurriedly changed our clothes and rushed over to the park to the church picnic. It was HOT! We ate and got to visit a little bit and then went home to cool off. Later Heidi and Larry came over with their truck to go to Katie' and Rob's to pick up my exercise bike.



Went to bed early and morning came even earlier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment