Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Welcome Surprises!


Today, I'm working on my Aunt Connie's life story. It makes me feel closer to her while she is away at Michelle's in Alabama. My aunt lives in Idaho but while she's gone we don't talk several times a day on the phone like we usually do. I miss her.

I'm also going to get another few chapter in on the book I am reading Ken Follett's: The Pillars of the Earth. I know I started reading it months ago-and it is a good book- it's just hard to sit down and read this book, with all the other books we read, sometimes. Tonight Judy and I plan to do some bead work...maybe start making Christmas presents since it will soon be here.
My brother-in-law, Charlie, aka Mick, called me on Skype today. After I finally figured out what was wrong with my camera, we had such a great call. Charlie is so fun and loving and it's really a good time getting to talk and see him at the same time. He enabled me to talk to my nephew, Charlie, who I have not seen or talked to in years and then today he called my other brother, Tommy, and we talked with him, too. Tommy lives in Boston, Charlie in Washington and Charlie, Jr--I can't remember where but I did love talking to him and getting to know him. Thanks, Charlie.

When Jamie was in the hospital on the 10th he came home with more than he paid for. They left a piece of plastic tubing (something to do with the i.v.) in his right wrist. He has to go back to the hospital in the morning and have it removed. The boys tease him that he won't be able to do anything (if you know what I mean) because he had surgery on his left shoulder and now his right hand is going to be cut on, too.
Talk about welcome surprises, Katie' called and asked if we had had dinner and said that she was coming over. Well, what a delicious surprise dessert she brought to us. Chocolate cake (without sugar)strawberry sauce and cool whip. I have to say that it was scrumptous and we had the most stimulating and interesting conversation while enjoying our dessert. Afterwards, we still got to enjoy "blog playtime" as tired as Katie' was. Thank you Katie'.

1 comment: