Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday

This morning was Sister Afton Todd's funeral. She was a beautiful, wonderful, and kind woman. She was my first visiting teacher when I came back to CA from Boston. She had the sweetest smile and the kindest manner but you could tell she believed and wanted to teach you everything she knew. I will never forget her. I didn't have the privilege of meeting her husband, Brother Todd, until after we returned to church a few years ago. Time goes by so fast, I can't remember but it is, indeed, a privilege to know Brother Todd and his dear wife. They have a wonderful family and the funeral was very nice. I rode with Sister Desingano since Judy had to work and since Judy had to work, there is nobody I'd rather go with. She is such a sweet Sister.

When I got home I called Aunt Connie. Everything is fine in Alabama. Talked to Uncle Ted and Aunt Sandra the other day also Blaine and Claudia and everything is good in Idaho. I need to call Jery and Teddy and my friend, Karen. I think I will call Kay, too. We didn't get to talk too long on Saturday with everything going on with Heidi and Larry's dogs and horse.

I read my emails and was disturbed to get an upsetting email from my dear Jimmie Carolyn. She is having a hard time right now and we all need to pray for her. I called her and we talked for quite awhile. I hope she comes over tonight. I always love being with her and I think she needs to get out of the house since her husband, Larry, is working tonight.

The day is not as hot as it has been but strange in a way. Fires...I hope the Lord keeps the fire away from San Bernadino and my son, Michael and San Jacinto area where my sister, Debra and Joe live. Last I heard it was off the 215 but where I didn't hear.

Judy has had a raspy voice and sounds like she is coming down with something. She says it is from the air conditioning and fans blowing, etc. but I wish she'd go to the doctor and get it checked before it gets worse. She works so hard and it would be easy for her to get run-down. I love her very much and worry about her.

Cody went back to his mother's today, the little rascal. Taylor has left for his service call at church (he's always busy--and he loves it and so do I) and Michael is in his room playing a video game. Jamie is watching television in his room and all is well. Time to start dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have gone to Sister Todd's service. She was a sweet sister, and I was previleged to have known her. Mom always enjoyed seeing Sister Todd, too.

    By the way, dinner was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete