Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taylor's "Crappy" Job!


Taylor needed money to pay for his new bike and to buy a new electrical cord for his laptop and Katie' called and offered Taylor a job of cleaning up doggy doo-doo for a substantial amount of money. We are hopeful that the Day's are pleased with Taylor's work and will call him again. As for Judy and I, we were so happy that Taylor accepted the job and followed through with it. By the way, I cannot take credit for the title "crappy job" that all goes to Rob. Judy brought home a cake she and Katie' made using Fondit and it was just the cutest thing.

Later Judy went with me downtown to take care of a disabled placard citation I received the day Jamie had surgery. We had to go downtown to 5th and A, some traffic dept. or other. I had already taken care of the citation by mail and the gentleman at the counter acknowledged this so basically I took care of it twice. What a pain! From now on I will throw the old one away as soon as I get the new one.

From downtown we went to our favorite stores: Fresh and Easy and Walmart. Upon leaving Walmart we stopped at Burger King hoping to get the Original Chicken Sandwich meal deal but that is only on Mondays. You really can't beat it for $2.99. We ended up having a Whopper which was just okay. For dessert we went down to Bonita McDonald's and got a McFlurry and went to our parent's graves to visit and enjoy our shakes.

The boys had a YM/YW beach party so we watched television while we waited for them to get home. Jamie and Cody went and got donuts. Yummy. No wonder we are so pleasantly plump!!

Today, Thursday, we finished cleaning Judy's room. It looks so nice. She just has drawers and shredding to do now. We had a nice dinner and relaxed afterwards. Well, I took a bath- the first in a long time (I have been showering) and it felt so good. Judy is still working on her bathroom. I can't believe how much we have accomplished this week. The next vacation will be a restful one. Even though we have worked and accomplished a lot that we are proud of, we still need to get a way for a while. We are really looking forward to Aunt Connie's visit whenever she is able to come for howeverlong she can stay. That will be relaxing...
'
We had a Memorial Service for Judy, Michael's fiance. It was so short notice we could not make it but we will be with him Sunday. He went and fe felt good about the service so I am pleased about that. Michael's bithday on Sunday, August 16, 19971, will make him 38 years old. I am very proud of him and love him very much. I know how difficult this time is for him but he has his support team at the hospital and he has his devoted family to help him through the dark times.

No comments:

Post a Comment