Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday

Hot summer Saturday...started the day off watching Senator Kennedy's funeral on television. In the afternoon Judy and I prepared a meal for Brother Todd and took it over to his house. He wasn't there but his son was. We'll see him at church tomorrow. Taylor was gone all day. Jamie, Dawn and the rest of the kids went to Outback for dinner. Judy and I went out to pick up some bubble wrap from Kay so she can mail her first notebook in for repair. We decided to give it to Little Michael and I forgot to mention that she bought another one last night.
Taylor and Seth needed a ride to the church dance and we took them over. Sister Riggins is going to pick them up.

Heidi and Larry have had a lot of worries with their pets. The dogs are all losing weight except for Abbey, the English bulldog, and Billy the horse is not well. They had the dogs at the vet today and the vet to the house tonight to check Billy. They sure have had their share of problems lately. I hope everything works out for them--I know it will. We were suppose to have dinner together today and spend the day together but because of all the problems we have had to postpone to another day.

Talked to Aunt Connie and she had a good day. Adam and Michelle took her for a ride to the coast and they ate all kinds of bar-b-que pork. Sounds like she is having a wonderful time with Michelle and her family. She didn't say if it was still raining. As I said earlier, it is hot again today --thank goodness for air conditioners!

I still have my glasses and they seem to help me a lot so I guess the optometrist knew what she was doing. They are all great over at Kaiser Bonita. I still have no date for my knees surgeries. Soon, I hope. Don't remember if I wrote the results of my MRI or not. I'll risk it. Dr. said that I have two torn tendons in my left knee which he can fix arthrascopically at the same time he as he replaces my right knee. Actually, he will do the left first to lesson the risk of infection to the knee transplant. I'm anxious to get to be more active--ride bikes, play badminton--I use to be really good at tennis but that was about 40 years ago!!!!!! How about bowling, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. It won't be long til we'll be riding our bikes! Remember, we already picked them out. Can't wait. xoxo

    ReplyDelete